The Strategic Partnerships program, through a partnership approach, draws upon community strengths and resources, to address the needs of multicultural, refugee and asylum seeker communities in defined areas across Victoria.
This program in partnership with South East Community Links, works with the Rohingya, Burmese, Tamil, African and Afghan communities assisting and mentoring them to identify, plan and implement programs while building the capacity of their leadership.
- building community capacity, including strengthening education, employment or volunteering pathways and outcomes
- increasing their participation and inclusion in community life
- improving their access to government services
- Promoting community harmony.
- Weekly Women’s Yoga Class
- Monthly Leadership Action Group. Strengthens and empowers newly arrived and asylum seeker communities by building Community leaders’ own capacity to run programs for their communities
- Afghan Playgroup
The Strategic Partnerships program is funded through the Victorian Government.