The Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE) Program provides accessible pathways for disadvantaged adult learners to further their education, training and employment in order to build the skills they need for study, work and life.
Pre-accredited training and courses are flexible and inclusive and are designed to support the individual strengths, goals and aspirations of participants.
Key benefits of the ACFE program include:
- short courses with quick outcomes
- help to build English skills for work
- help to build computer and administration skills for work
- preparation for the Australian Workplace
- improving soft skills including confidence, communication, team work and organisation
- networking opportunities to meet and mix with like-minded job seekers
- links to employment opportunities through SMRC Employment Xchange
- Opportunities for further training.
ACFE pre-accredited training provides clients with a good stepping-stone to higher education and employment. As a Learn Local provider for the last three years, SMRC has seen many graduate students gain the confidence and skills to find employment and go on to TAFE.
SMRC ACFE pre-accredited courses run during standard school terms and operate from the SMRC Dandenong Office, Selandra Hub, or online. Courses are run weekly or through intensive five-day workshops of four-hours per day. Times, courses and costs vary from term to term. Courses currently running are:
- 2022 ACFE Intro to Bicultural Language Work
- 2022 ACFE Business Start Up
- 2022 ACFE Admin Skills for Bicultural Workers
- 2022 ACFE Fitting into Work
The ACFE Program is funded by the Victorian Government through the Department of Education and Training.