Apply your skills, learn new ones and get to know your community by volunteering with SMRC.
We have a range of programs that will put your skills and valuable volunteer time to good use while also providing you with training and on-going support.
Ongoing support is welcomed in the following areas:
- Transport Assistance to help refugees to attend appointments using public transport or a car. Volunteers are reimbursed for travel expenses.
- Homework Support Programs and Tutoring to assist children and young people with their homework and studies and conversational English.
- Community Visitors Scheme for individuals to provide companionship and friendship to clients who are socially isolated or are at risk of social isolation or loneliness .
- Friendly Visiting Program to assist provide companionship to the client in their own language and cultural needs.
- Office work to assist us with our filing, data entry, mailing and other duties.
- Program Support to assist us to facilitate learning space and excursions
- Positive aging activities to assist in our social support and activity programs.
Applicants will require a Police Check and Working with Children Check to work at SMRC.
We will contact you regarding the availability of suitable positions.