Apply your skills, learn new ones and get to know your community by volunteering with SMRC.
We have a range of programs that will put your skills and valuable volunteer time to good use while also providing you with training and on-going support.
Ongoing support is welcomed in the following areas:
- Transport Assistance to help refugees to attend appointments using public transport or a car. Volunteers are reimbursed for travel expenses.
- Homework Support Programs and Tutoring to assist children and young people with their homework and studies and conversational English.
- Community Visitors Scheme for individuals to provide companionship and friendship to clients who are socially isolated or are at risk of social isolation or loneliness .
- Friendly Visiting Program to assist provide companionship to the client in their own language and cultural needs.
- Office work to assist us with our filing, data entry, mailing and other duties.
- Program Support to assist us to facilitate learning space, excursions and palliative care programs.
- Positive aging activities to assist in our social support and activity programs.
Applicants will require a Police Check and Working with Children Check to work at SMRC.
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit your details using the form below or email us with the same information at email@example.com
We will contact you regarding the availability of suitable positions.