HIPPY Early Learning
HIPPY is a two-year, home-based, early learning and parenting program for families with pre-school children living in the City of Greater Dandenong.
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) provides your child with a structured, education-focused program that lays the foundations for success at school. We help you to teach your child literacy, numeracy and language skills as well as physical skills so they are school-ready and develop a love of learning that lasts throughout their lives.
HIPPY benefits your child by:
- encouraging a love of learning
- maximising their chance of enjoying and doing well at school
- promoting language and listening skills and developing concentration
- building self-esteem and confidence in learning
- improving relationships between parents and children
- families have fun learning together
- strengthening ties to your community.
The HIPPY approach is based on evidence that children’s earliest and most powerful learning comes from their family. This evidence shows that encouraging literacy and numeracy in early childhood sets children up for success in learning throughout their lives.
Over two years, HIPPY children work through weekly or fortnightly packs of play-based, educational activities with their parents and family. They are encouraged to ask questions and try new things, developing their confidence and passion for learning, which enables school-readiness.
HIPPY is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services. The Brotherhood of St Laurence holds the license to operate HIPPY in Australia.
HIPPY Dandenong Coordinator
T: (03) 9767 1900