SMRC welcomes and is highly appreciative of community members who express interest in volunteering with us.
We have a range of programs that will put your skills and valuable volunteer time to good use and we provide you with training and on-going support.
- Transport Assistance to help refugees to attend appointments using public transport or a car. Volunteers are reimbursed for travel expenses.
- Homework Support Programs and Tutoring to assist children and young people with their homework and studies.
- Community Visitors Scheme for individuals to provide companionship and friendship to clients who are socially isolated or are at risk of social isolation or loneliness .
- Friendly Visiting Program to assist provide companionship to the client in their own language and cultural needs.
- Office work to assist us with our filing, data entry, mailing and other duties.
- Program Support to assist us to facilitate learning space, excursions and palliative care programs.
- Positive aging activities to assist in our social support and activity programs.
Applicants will require a Police Check and Working with Children Check to work in SMRC and those applicants possessing these will be viewed favourably.
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit your details using the form below AND fill in this application form and email to email@example.com.
We will contact you regarding the availability of suitable positions.