Southern Migrant & Refugee Centre and event partners Dandenong Market, are thrilled to bring to Dandenong the Unity in Diversity Festival on Sunday 13th October.
In its 2nd year, the event is a celebration of multicultural Australia, located on the grounds of SMRC HQ.
‘We are very excited to bring this wonderful festival to the local community again in 2019’, says Mr Ramesh Kumar, SMRC CEO. ‘The festival is a wonderful example of community harmony, with so many of our friends coming together both behind the scenes and on the day as volunteers, stallholders and performers. We are very grateful for the all hands on deck approach to getting the event organised’, he said.
This family fun event will feature fabulous activities including:
- All day multicultural performances on the main stage, fashion parades and our own Dandy’s Got Talent Show!
- Explore our Cultural Village and immerse yourself in cultures from around the world.
- Exciting kids entertainment including Baby animals to cuddle, Face painting with Rosy Red and Paint What You Hear immersion art show.
- There will be cooking demonstrations and smoothie bikes.
- Over 30 local business and community group stalls to explore, learn and connect.
- Dandy Makers Market (featuring 25 handmade craft and food artisans) returning for the Spring/Summer season.
- Wonderful buskers including the return of the fabulous Jonny Maldonado and the amazing Mexican Music Man.
- PLUS all the great food and produce from the Dandenong Market
- Expect surprise and delight around every corner.
The festival is located on the grounds of SMRC HQ and Dandenong Market terrace – 39 Clow St, Dandenong and will be open Sunday 13th October, 9am until 4pm.
Bring your shopping bags as it is also market day. Plenty of nearby parking is available.