- Casual, ongoing role
- Do you have a Certificate III or higher qualification in Aged Care or Home and Community Care?
- Do you speak any other languages? Certain languages are in high demand.
We are looking for in-home Care Workers qualified in Aged Care to join our Diverse Care team. Diverse Care™ is a social enterprise of Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre.
(1) In-Home Care: we provide bi-lingual workers to assist clients of various community aged care organisations. Our bi-lingual care workers provide personal care, respite and home help. Languages in high demand at present include Greek, Italian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Dari, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Arabic and Cantonese. Suburbs in high demand include Caulfield, Bulleen, Narre Warren, Knoxfield, Ferntree Gully, Bentleigh, Mentone and Box Hill.
(2) Planned Activity Groups: we provide bi-lingual support workers for planned activity groups. Bi-lingual workers in these groups need to have an interest and ability to work in a group setting, in order to provide support to aged care clients. Locations: within City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and Shire of Cardinia.
To qualify for the role you must have the following:
- Working rights in Australia.
- Victorian driver’s license.
- A current police check.
- A current Working With Children check.
- A comprehensively insured vehicle available for use during working hours.
- Certificate III or higher qualified in Aged Care or Home and Community Care.
- Availability for shifts assisting elderly people at home.
Please read the Position Description attached: Position Description – Diverse Care Worker
(1) download this DCW Employment Application Form
(2) save it as a Word document
(3) fill in the details and
(4) email the completed form to DCemployment@smrc.org.au
For further information, please email the Social Enterprise Manager, Sharon Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org