1. Program Worker – School and Family Partnership
- Part time (15.2 hours a week), Fixed Term until March 2018
- Generous salary packaging benefits
The Program Worker –School and Family Partnership is responsible for building the capacity of a cluster of 4 schools in the outer South-East region of Melbourne to enhance the development of partnerships between the schools and their multicultural families. The program work within the Refugee Education Support Program (RESP).
The Refugee Education Support Program (RESP) will operate across 4 schools in the City of Casey: Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School, Lynbrook Primary School, Berwick Fields Primary School and St Francis Xavier College.
You will possess Tertiary qualifications in Youth Work, Community Development or equivalent with relevant demonstrated experience in working with young people from refugee background. Your ability to connect quickly with young clients, build partnerships, and work collaboratively with other organizations will put you in a good stead for this role.
For more information please read the position description attached or contact Aman Bindra at 03 9767 1905
Position Description: Click Here
To be considered for this role you must address the key selection criteria on a separate document. To apply send your applications to email@example.com by 5:00PM Wednesday 13th September 2017.
2. Bilingual Home Care/Personal Care workers
Casual, ongoing role
Do you have a Certificate III or higher qualification in either Aged Care or HACC?
Do you speak any other languages? - Greek, Italian, Arabic and Polish languages are in high demand.
We are looking for Home Care Workers with Certificate III in Aged Care or HACC to be a part of our Diverse Care Team. Diverse Care™ is a social enterprise of Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre.
(1) Home Care and Personal Care: we provide bi-lingual workers to assist clients of various community aged care organisations. Our bi-lingual care workers provide personal care, respite and home help. Languages in high demand at present include Greek, Italian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Dari, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Arabic and Cantonese. Suburbs in high demand at present include Caulfield, Bulleen, Narre Warren, Knoxfield, Ferntree Gully, Bentleigh, Mentone and Box Hill.
(2) Planned Activity Groups: we provide bi-lingual support workers for planned activity groups. Bi-lingual workers in these groups need to have an interest and ability to work in a group setting, in order to provide support to aged care clients. Locations: within City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and Shire of Cardinia.
In order to qualify for the role you must have the following
Working rights in Australia
Victorian Driver's Licence
A current police check (no older than 1 year)
A comprehensively insured vehicle available for use during working hours
Certificate III or higher in Aged Care or HACC
Availability for shifts for at least 3 working days (between 8am to 6pm)
Please read the Position Description attached: Direct Care Worker
For further information, please email Bill Collopy, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org